An Apprenticeship gives you a paid job and the chance to get your qualifications – with no student debt, plenty of professional support and the chance to get your career off to a flying start.
For 12-18 months, you work as a paid employee, with a dedicated mentor to support you. You’ll have access to learning opportunities and use your Apprenticeship to take you on to a new role, or to a university degree. Employers really value your enthusiasm, dedication and new ways of thinking
It’s the perfect start to the rest of your life.
If you are already employed you can start an Apprenticeship with Manley Summers. We will work closely with you and your employer to develop your skills, fulfil the requirements required for your role and support you in gaining a nationally recognised qualification. You have to be aged 16 years or over and must be working a minimum of 30 hours per week. You also need to be a resident in England and not in full-time education.
If you are not yet employed, we advertise Apprenticeship vacancies. There are often no formal qualification entry requirements, however you must be aged 16 years or over to apply.
Top 10 reasons to become an Apprentice
1. Earn while you learn – from day one
Apprenticeships are real jobs. That means you get paid while you learn. If you’re aged 16-18 you’ll get the apprentice minimum wage, however here at Manley Summers we are dedicated to working with employers that pay between £150-£200 per week. The same applies if you’re 19 and over and in the first year of your apprenticeship, after that you are entitled to the National Minimum Wage.
2. Learn from the best
With an apprenticeship you’ll be working in the industry right from the start. This means you can learn from the best in the business, gain contacts and develop transferable skills through on and off the job training. You will also be learning new skills from experienced members of staff.
3. You can even get a degree while earning
First launched last year, degree apprenticeships bring together university study right up to bachelor’s or master’s level with paid work at a top employer.
4. Choice – there are up to 28,000 vacancies across all sectors
With a huge variety of apprenticeships offered by businesses of all sizes you can find the apprenticeship that’s right for you.
5. It doesn’t matter who you are or what your background is, an apprenticeship can kick start your career
The Government is committed to ensuring that everyone is able to benefit from the life changing opportunities of an apprenticeship. Apprenticeships are opening the door to professions that used to only be an option for people with a traditional degree.
6. Employment opportunities
The latest Apprenticeship Evaluation Learner Survey found that 9 out of 10 of all recent completers were either in full or part-time employment. Choosing an apprenticeship is your first step into a successful career.
7. Get the skills employers are looking for
Apprentices allow businesses to grow their own talent. High quality employers are now designing apprenticeships to meet their skills needs, so you can trust that you’ll end up with the skills and experience employers want and that will enable you to progress in your career.
8. Real satisfaction
Manley Summers believes that apprenticeships are great, but if you want proof just ask people who have completed their training. Recent figures have shown that 89% of apprentices are satisfied with their apprenticeship.
9. Building your future
Apprenticeships give you the skills you need to progress your career, to Get In and Go Far. Recent research showed that nearly a third of former apprentices had received a promotion since completing their apprenticeship while almost half reported a pay rise.
10. As an apprentice you can get the same discounts as University students
While it may not be something to base your career on, all you bargain hunters, apprentices are now entitled to many of the same discounts as university students, with an apprentice extra card. It gives many discounts in-store and online, helping your hard earned money to go further.
It couldn’t be easier!
1) Phone our Apprenticeship Team on 0207 407 0015 – Take a minute to fill out our straightforward application. We have apprenticeship jobs starting all year round, there’s no need to wait!
2) Screening – Our expert advisors will talk through your CV and offer advice, as well as help you find the best apprenticeship!
3) Interview – Whether it’s your first interview or not, don’t worry! Our team will guide you through the process, they have an array of handy hints and tips.
4) Start your career! – 100% of Manley Summers Apprentices are happy with their new job and 92% get full-time jobs when they finish.